TEDxBend Community Art Totems
You are asked to create one work of art out of a post or a post like object as your canvas. Your art will be displayed at the Oxford Hotel from May 8th-12, on stage at TEDxBend 2017 and at TEDxBend community partner locations following the event. Your donation is tax deductible and in gratitude for your participation, we would like to give you our Imagine level of partnership with TEDxBend to include:
- TICKETS 1 ticket to TEDxBend Full Day Program
- Company/Organization name to be displayed on website, print and signage at the main event
- On stage recognition during the TEDxBend main event and speaker interaction after program block
- Invitation to all media events
- Reserved Partner Seating at TEDxBend 2017
- Imagine sharing a positive and uplifting message with all humanity. What would you say? What intention would you give to it? What would humanity say back to you? Start with the post or post like object as your canvas and dive into the depths of your creative expression. Using a medium of your choice make a positive visual statement, message or an intention for Us Humans.
- TEDxBend will provide the blank posts and stands for this project. There will be no monetary compensation for supplies or materials used to create this art.
- Finished artwork should be on a 4x4x2’, 4x4x4’ or 4x4x6’ totem post provided by TEDxBend or totem post like object of your own of similar size. Blank totem posts are available to be picked up at DIY Cave during normal business hours and are available first come, first serve. There are 10 total. Totem height must not exceed 7′ in or be under 2’ in height. Totems will sit on a concrete stand provided by TEDxBend; however, if your totem has a different presentation, please provide the hardware and stand.
- Finished artwork should be prepared to be displayed outdoors.
- Finished Artwork will be delivered to DIY Cave no later than May 7thth during normal business hours.
- Artists are responsible for providing an artist bio (no more than 100 words) and story about the artwork (no more than 100 words) via email to Partnerships@tedxbend.com no later than May 7th.
- Please include your name, name of artwork, media used, the story behind it and contact info.
A few ideas to spark inspiration:
For questions or more information please contact Erin Hansen, Partnership Chair, TEDxBend
Thank you for your interest and participation!